Even though we’re already two weeks into July I’m going to do the famous Dot Com Mogul checklist which was started by John Chow last year.
Heres the list:
– Your income is made from the Internet.
Check. In fact this is my first job, I’ve never done any other work.
– The minimum Internet income level is $10,000 per month (you can not add income from other sources to hit this $10K level).
Unfortunately not. It’s been a while since I’ve made that much.
– You have no jobs outside of the Internet.
Nope, this is my only job.
– You have a personal blog with your name as the domain name.
You’re reading it right now
– Your blog must be updated at least once per week.
Definitely, I’m currently posting about 2-3 posts a day.
– A Google search of your name must be the #1 spot.
This blog doesn’t come up first but DV Hardware does come up first if you search for my name so I suppose I meet this requirement
– You must be willing to help dot com mogul wannabes.
I’m always willing to help, unless you ask unreasonable things from me
– Give time, money or anything of value to a charitable cause each month.
No, I don’t meet this requirement. Generally I don’t give a lot to charity because I think my money won’t be used wisely enough.
– Personally help at least one person establish their online presence via a blog or website or help them enhance one they already have every month.
Sort of, I did somewhat convince my girlfriend to post some new content on her blog.
So looks like I’ve scored a 7 out of 9 Biggest problem will be to meet the $10,000 a month requirement.